HOME SELLER SERVICES
If you are planning to sell your home, it can be a wise decision to hire a professional appraiser to assist you in the valuation of your home. Unless you study real estate values on a day to day basis, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for you to get a handle on real estate values, particularly in these changing times. We aren’t talking about how much you have invested in your home, how much you paid for it, or how much you want for it. We’re talking about the true market value of your home, which could really pay off for you in the long run!
SELLING YOUR HOME YOURSELF
Often a homeowners want to sell their homes without the assistance of a Realtor. Selling your home by this method can end up saving you money if you have the expertise and availablity to market your home. But sometimes homeowners underprice their homes and leave money on the table! The other potential hazard is when a homeowner overprices his or her home, losing qualified home buyers in the process. Selling your home on your own will require a significant amount of research and homework if you're going to do it right. It's difficult to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. A professional appraiser is completely unbiased and will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
BENEFITS OF A PROFESSIONAL APPRAISAL:
In addition to helping you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
- Be a very valuable negotiating tool in the process of "offer-and-counteroffer"
- Illustrate to a potential buyer details about the quality and liveability of your home
- Impress buyer’s with written proof of your home’s condition inside and out
- Make you aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repairS that might delay a closing
- Decrease the chances of unknown problems that cause sales to fall through
People are often surprised to find that the market value of their home is more than they thought, so investing in a professional appraisal actually provided them with higher net proceeds than if they had set their own price. Others have an inflated opinion of their home's value and an appraisal helped them to realistically come to the point where their price attracted a buyer much faster. An overpriced home tends to deflect, rather than to attract buyers.
We also offer consultation services on an hourly basis. Consultation can assist a homeowner to understand the process of the transaction. Many homeowners need to know what repairs or renovations might need to be done for the home to qualify for conventional bank financing.
When you order an appraisal report from us, you can expect. . . .
- Prompt response to your inquiry: We will give you personalized information for your particular appraisal need. Just tell us your situation and we will make suggestions. We will schedule your appointment promptly and try to meet your particular needs. If you've chosen to receive a copy of your appraisal or consulting report via the Internet (EDI), you'll receive it within MINUTES of its completion.
- Appraisal and consulting reports formats to suit YOUR needs: When it comes to appraisal and consulting, "One size does NOT fit all!" We offer a variety of report types and delivery methods. Express mail too slow? We can deliver your report attached to a standard email, or notify you of an Internet site to download your report, the MINUTE it's completed!
- Quick response to follow-up questions: Our reports are clearly written, understandable, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that governs the appraisal practice. If you have any questions regarding your appraisal, after you've read the report, we encourage you to email or call us!